P&J Live has won three awards at The Aberdeen Society of Architects Design Awards Dinner on 6th March 2020 for Sustainability; Commercial and Urban Realm & Landscape categories. Hulley & Kirkwood is delighted to have provided MEP professional services supporting this landmark development in the North East of Scotland.
Replacing the current Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, the new world class 48,000sqm flexible event space also incorporates a 15,000 seat arena, 7 conference spaces with 5,000 capacity, 350 on site hotel beds and a 150 seat restaurant.
Recognising Aberdeen’s status as an ‘Energy City’ and a ‘Global Energy Hub’, the development relies upon an innovative low-carbon Energy Centre that utilises a number of technologies to facilitate tri-generation of electrical power, heating and chilled water:
- Fuel Cell CHP
- Absorption Chiller
- Anaerobic Digestion (BioGas)
Hulley & Kirkwood successfully delivered the following MEP design services for the project:-
- BIM Delivery Model
- Energy Modelling (Dynamic Thermal Simulation)
- Approved Certifier of Design (Energy), Section 6 Technical Standards
- EPC Analysis
- BREEAM Excellent MEP Compliance
- Electrical Services Design
- Mechanical and Public Health Services Design