East Kilbride Health Centre Handed Over
The 5 storey facility, includes GP Consultant Rooms, Treatment Rooms, Dental Treatment Rooms, Dental Decontamination Rooms, Group Therapy Rooms and Admin Support Offices.
Hulley & Kirkwood were appointed to carry out the M&E design and provide BREEAM assessor duties. Hulley SFM were appointed as Commissioning Manager. The M&E services strategy for the building incorporates the following low and zero carbon technologies:
- Optimised use of natural ventilation.
- Air source heat pump as the primary heat source for the building, which also provides comfort cooling.
- High efficiency LED lighting, together with an enhanced level of automatic lighting control.
- High efficiency thermal wheel heat recovery units on the ventilation plant.
- Comprehensive HVAC controls.
- Solar photovoltaic cells to offset grid electricity usage within the building.