Top quality community, culture and leisure facilities.
This £20m redevelopment will play a major part in the regeneration of Irvine providing an iconic modern facility for both local people and visitors.
The historic Town House will be integrated with the sports and leisure facility to create a venue which will also cater for local and family history, art exhibits, community and cultural events.
The project includes:
- A 25m x 6 lane swimming pool, teaching/warm up pool with changing facilities and spectator seating.
- A six court multi-use sports hall for all indoor sports Community Hall facilities.
- Fitness suite and multi-use studios.
- Tourist information including local places of interest, heritage trails, festivals and events.
- Information on genealogy, local and family history.
- A venue for wedding ceremonies, civic functions, artists in residence, exhibitions and performances.
Hulley and Kirkwood provided mechanical and electrical design services. The project incorporates two gas fired CHP units and photovoltaics, as the building's low-zero carbon technology solution.
The leisure centre is now open to the public.